What is grace?
It is God’s unmerited favor.
We didn’t earn it!
We didn’t deserve it!
God gives us grace simply because He loves us.
In the Bible, the word grace and favor are used interchangeably.
They occur 156 times in 147 verses.
It is the Greek word Charis.
Strong’s Concordance describes grace.
- that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
2) good will, loving-kindness, favor
- of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting His holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues.
3) what is due to grace
- the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
- the token or proof of grace, benefit
4) thanks, (benefits, services, favors), recompense, reward
God’s grace pours out to us to empower, reward, bless, and overcome!
It is His way!
Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and mercy. No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly